Don’t go nuts figuring out the right wording. Trust someone who understands on both a personal and a professional level. Given the importance of this field you want to ensure you are working with someone who has more than just a cursory knowledge of the field. Here’s a glimpse at my personal and professional background when it comes to mental health, community services, and personal wellbeing.
- Bachelor of Counselling
- Certificate in Advanced Reparative Parenting
- Married to a man with bipolar and social anxiety
- Completed a counselling internship
- Designed and ran two group counselling workshops, one focused on parenting children with additional needs, the second focused on dealing with daily stress and parenting through creative and educational therapies.
- Several years as a live in youth worker in a group home and foster carer to high needs children suffering from emotional and developmental issues due to a history of trauma and abuse. I still provide some respite foster care.
- Experience with ARFID
- Personally went through anxiety based post-natal depression after the birth of my first daughter